Blog4kerry - He's the Real Deal

A quote from former Senator Warren B. Rudman, Republican of New Hampshire sums it up, "I think he's a moderate Democrat — very liberal on social policy and reasonably conservative on foreign policy and defense matters."

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

 
On the Rock the Vote last night fiasco for the Democrats last night…

Dean could have said about the comment, “I didn’t give the full version of what I usually say including the lay down their flags bit, and I probably could have used another symbol (like NASCAR sticker) to symbolize white rural Southerners. I was wrong to pick the Confederate flag, since it is such a divisive symbol. My point remains the same that I want rural white Southerners and African-Americans to join together based on their own economic interests. I apologize to anyone who took offense to my remarks. My campaign is about inclusiveness and bringing people together and I am sorry that my poorly thought-out remarks took away from this message.”

This would have been the end of the story. Sharpton and Edwards (who both actually understand what the Confederate flag means) would have looked like jackasses for piling on. Instead, Dean looks like an arrogant elitist Yale-man with zero understanding of racial issues in the South and zero urge to learn about them.

His attempts to hide behind Jesse Jackson, Jr. were pitiful indeed.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?