Blog4kerry - He's the Real Deal

A quote from former Senator Warren B. Rudman, Republican of New Hampshire sums it up, "I think he's a moderate Democrat — very liberal on social policy and reasonably conservative on foreign policy and defense matters."

Friday, June 25, 2004

 

Pat Robertson Says he Lectured Bush on Iraq

Pat Robertson in an interview on Hardball said he warned the President about the potential for casualties in Iraq. Whatever, Patty...

But here is the kicker; he said Bush basically blew him off nonchalantly. See the following exchange:

BROWN: I want to ask you how you feel about the war in Iraq. And if God is calling this war a disaster, does that mean that he is actually opposed to it?

ROBERTSON: Well, I don‘t think God‘s opposed to the war, necessarily, but it was a danger sign. I felt very uneasy about it from the very get-go. Whenever I heard about it, I knew it was going to be trouble. I warned the president. I only met with him once. I said, You better prepare the American people for some serious casualties. And he said, “Oh, no, our troops are, you know, so well protected, we don‘t have to worry about that.” But it has been messy. And I think we‘re going to come out of it, though. I think we‘ll have a free Iraq. But it certainly has been a mess so far.


So Robertson's need to feed his own ego, in effect, shows us just how unprepared Bush was to be President. Oh, to end the reign of the incompetent one in November!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?